All versionsSee all
The JLink-RDI software is an RDI interface for J-Link. It makes it possible to use J-Link with any RDI compliant debugger. The package consists of 2 DLLs, which need to be copied to the same folder. In order to use these DLLs, they need to be selected in the debugger. It is a separate item and not included in the J-Link software.
J-Link RDI can be used with any RDI-compliant debuggers. In the following all RDI compliant debuggers which have been tested with J-Link RDI are listed.
* ARM® Developer Suite™ (ADS)
* ARM® RealView® Development Suite (RVDS) V3.0 (Since RVDS 3.1 removed RDI support, J-Link RDI will not work with RVDS 3.1)
* IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM (EWARM)
* RealView® Microcontroller Development Kit (Keil MDK)
RDI allows various configuartion settings, such as:
* Target system initialization via setup file
* JTAG Speed and scan chain settings
* Enable / disable Flash programming
* Breakpoint settings (use software breakpoints, use flash breakpoints
* CPU specific settings (Endianess, Reset strategy)
* Enable / Disable Logfiles